Thanks for visiting Babystepper.com!
This website is dedicated to charting the journey of financial health and a stable financial future.
I am Eric J. Gruber. I’m a web developer, family man, and student of how to be financially fit in a society that really wants us you and me to be financially unhealthy. My family lives in Kansas City, Mo.
What’s is a baby stepper?
The Baby Steps go like this:
- BABY STEP 1 – Save $1,000 to start an emergency fund
- BABY STEP 2 – Pay off all debt using the debt snowball method
- BABY STEP 3 – Save 3 to 6 months of expenses for emergencies
- BABY STEP 4 – Invest 15% of your household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement funds
- BABY STEP 5 – Save for your children’s college fund
- BABY STEP 6 – Pay off your home early
- BABY STEP 7 – Build wealth and give
My wife and I started a journey of getting out of debt shortly after we were married in 2003. We took a hiatus after our first child was born in 2006, but then fell off the wagon. In 2016, after years of financial missteps, we decided to get back on the program, and give it one earnest try to eliminate our personal debt. On June 15, 2018, we became debt free.
We have found the first two steps of the Baby Steps plan to be very successful. This website is dedicated to the rest of our journey. I hope you find it helpful. I love to hear feedback, so please feel free to leave a comment.
And now, on to the show.